Playing the lottery online is always fun, but there are always safety issues to consider. With all of the lottery sites out there, how do you know which ones are safe and which are scams, ready to take your personal details and hard earned money with no return? Before you take out your credit card and start spending, take these safety tips into consideration.
1. Do your research into the lottery websites
There are so many options out there, so we recommend taking your time looking into each of them. Check the online reviews about the site, positive and negative. Check the website’s terms and conditions as well as the contact details. It may also be helpful to call the company to check if they are in fact who they say they are. The website should also have a legitimate license.
2. When you register on the site, make sure that you choose a good password
Don’t make it easy for anybody to log in to your account by coming up a strong password that contains symbols and a combination of upper and lower case letters.
3. Ask around and get advice from other lottery players who use online services
These people have tried and tested the sites for themselves and may be the best judge.
If you have won a cash prize in the lottery, big or small, you need to keep that lottery ticket safe. While you will probably be playing the lottery online, keeping a printed out version of the ticket is recommended.
We also suggest these safety tips for keeping your eye on your winning ticket:
- Sign the back of the lottery ticket.
- Check that you have all of your slips and tickets when you leave a store or buy a ticket online.
- Never ask anybody else to claim the winnings for you, unless you have signed the back of the ticket.
- The Lottery is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets, so always keep your tickets safe, you never know when you may be holding the winning ticket.